Monday, October 19, 2009

Sewing Project

As some of you may already know, I love sewing when I have the time! I used to sew a lot more than I do now but on occassion I will get the old machine out and make something. While redecorating our living with a semi-tropical theme, I decided it would be nice to have an animal print pillow for the loveseat! I needed it to be a long pillow and I wanted it to have long trim on both ends but I couldn't find one I liked anywhere so I decided to just make one. The picture looks black and white but it is actually tan and dark brown which really goes well with our new furniture! I have never spent so much time on making a pillow before, the fringe that I chose was a pain in the butt to work with - the balls kept falling off - ugh!


The fringe turned out nice but I will never work with this stuff again!



1 comment:

Laura said...

Love this! I am a retired dressmaker who STILL loves to sew when I get the chance. I have three Amy Butler handbags on my sewing table right this moment, waiting for me to get off the Cricut!